Qur'an: Surah 19 Maryam 16-21
Surah 3 Ali Imran 45-49
(16) Relate in the book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.
(17) She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her our angel, and he appeared to her as a man in all respects.
(18) She said, “I seek refuge from you to (Allah) most gracious; (come not near) if you fear Allah.”
(19) He said, “No, I am only a messenger from your Lord (to announce) to you the gift of a holy son.”
(20) She said, “How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me and I am not unchaste?”
(21) He said, “So (it will be); your Lord says, ‘That is easy for me, and (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to humanity and a mercy from Us’; it is a matter (so) decreed.”
(45) Behold! The angels said, “O Mary! Allah gives you glad tidings of a word from Him; his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the hereafter, and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.
(46) He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be of (the company of) the righteous.”
(47) She said, “O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?” He said, “Even so: Allah creates what He wills; when He has decreed a plan, He but says to it ‘Be’, and it is!
(48) And Allah will teach him the book and the wisdom, the law and the gospel.
(49) And (appoint him) a messenger to the children of Israel, (with this message): “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breath into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah’s leave. And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah’s leave. And I declare to you what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely therein is a sign for you if you did believe.”
Bible: Luke 1:26-38
(26) In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth,
(27) to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.
(28) And he came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.”
(29) But she was much perplexed by his words and pondered what sort of greeting this might be.
(30) The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
(31) And now you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus.
(32) He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his ancestor David.
(33) He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”
(34) Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I am a virgin?”
(35) The angel said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be holy; he will be called Son of God.
(36) And now, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month for her who was said to be barren.
(37) For nothing will be impossible with God.”
(38) Then Mary said, “Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.” Then the angel departed from her.